Heating Plant, 1940s
In the fall of 1950, the Heating Plant replaced the derelict Power Plant on north campus. President Lacey Eastburn commissioned the new facility because it was cheaper than maintaining the older building. The Heating Plant, along with Babbitt and Peterson Halls, marked the beginning of Arizona State College at Flagstaff's expansion efforts after World War II.
This facility also housed the campus Security Division in the 1960s and until recently, the sculpting workshops. In 1976, the university renamed the building the Heating Plant Annex to highlight its dual functions of heating North Campus and providing space for specialized classes.
In 2012, the university renovated the facility after a flood and retrofitted the building with more powerful and efficient boilers. The building still holds engineering classes.