Fronske Health Center
In the university's early days, ill students went to a former dormitory south of the Power Plant called by 1926 "the Pest House." Six years later, the college constructed a permanent facility on this same location to take care of the sick. In 1960, Arizona State College opened its first real infirmary, naming it after former Arizona Governor Dr. B.B. Moeur. This building sat across from North Hall, just east of today's High Country Conference Center.
In 1965, the infirmary moved into a new building containing twenty six beds, a clinic, and a pharmacy, located where the San Francisco Parking Garage now stands. In 1979, the University renamed the facility after longtime Flagstaff doctor Martin G. Fronske. Today, ill students are treated at the Health and Learning Center.