Built in the Georgian Revival architectural style of square lines and symmetrical halves, Morton Hall opened as a women's dormitory in 1918. The Hall is named after Mary Morton Pollock who headed the English department and later worked to provide financial assistance to ensure students finished their educations.
Originally built with a music room on the first floor, the institution later converted the space into a small library. The Hall also contained a dining room until 1954. Arizona State Teachers College at Flagstaff connected Morton and Campbell Halls in 1931 with the construction of a small annex. After the completion of North Hall in 1935, Morton became part of the North Quad of women's dormitories.
Morton Hall has become famous over the years as the home of 'Kathy the Ghost' which has inspired residents and ghost hunters alike to seek her out. In the fall of 2014, Northern Arizona University will re-purpose the hall to house new first-year students as part of the Freshman Connections program.