Gammage Library / Administration
In 1930, Arizona State Teacher’s College at Flagstaff built Gammage Library to replace a smaller repository in Old Main. The building’s entryway features an arched Italian Renaissance style popular in the early 1930s. In 1958, construction crews finished work on the adjacent Administration building, which uses an Art Deco style above its doorway.
The University has used Gammage and the adjoining Administration building in multiple ways. With the construction of a new facility in 1966 -- known today as Cline Library -- students, faculty, and staff have utilized the enlarged Gammage as a campus bookstore, a printing and duplicating center, and the campus administration’s offices. Gammage has also housed the mathematics department. In 1963, students and faculty opened a basement area called "Axer's Alley" that contained a dance floor and snack bar. This space closed before the end of the 1970s.
Today, the Gammage and Administration buildings are home to Student and Departmental Accounting Services, the Office of Financial Aid, and the Office of the Registrar.