Babbitt Brothers Trading Company Collection
- 19 black-and-white photographs; 5 negatives
- Views Include:
- Babbitt Bros. Trading Company; dead cattle in grave
- James E. Babbitt; James E. Babbitt campaign; Charles J. Babbitt; John Babbitt
- Biographic Note:
- Beginning in 1889, the Babbitt brothers operated one of the largest and most influential business operations in Northern Arizona. The brothers who originally founded these operations were Edward (1867-1943), George (1860-1920), William (1862-1930), Charles (1865-1956), and David (1858-1929). The C.O. Bar Livestock Company was their first business, founded shortly after David Babbitt arrived in Flagstaff in 1889. The Babbitt Brothers Trading Company was also established in 1889. By 1918, it was incorporated and had established branches in Williams, Winslow, Page, Holbrook, and the Grand Canyon. The company was involved in Indian trading, cattle and sheep ranching, real estate and loans, general mercantile, and freighting.
- Related Material:
- NAU Manuscript Collection # 83
Special Collections and Archives Department
Northern Arizona University
All contents copyright ©1998. ABOR, NAU. All rights reserved.