The Studios at Cline Library offer NAU and CCC students, faculty, and staff access to iMac computers, media viewing spaces and advanced multimedia production equipment, software, and spaces. The Studios are available anytime the library is open. All rooms in the Studios are available to NAU and CCC faculty, staff, and students and check out for a two-hour period. Renewals may be available; ask at the Main Desk.
The Open Studio is a comfortable space offering 27" iMacs as well as open seating where you can use your own computer or a laptop borrowed from the Main Desk. This area also includes a print and scan station, a high-resolution scanning station, and two mobile whiteboards you can use in any of the workspaces. Assistance with Studios hardware and software is now available at the Tech Desk.
Note: iMacs available to NAU and CCC faculty, staff, and students only.
Designed for practicing and perfecting your presentations in a classroom setting, The Practice and Presentation Studio can accommodate from 4 to 30 people and can be scheduled through the library Main Desk.NAU and CCC students, faculty, and staff can:
- Practice, record, and play back presentations. Note: requires additional equipment available for checkout to students only; ask at the Main Desk.
- Rehearse theater pieces.
- View campus cable TV, DVD, VHS, and streaming content as a group.
- Participate in teleconferences and seminars. Note: Some conferencing functionality requires equipment not available through library checkout.
- An instructor station with a Mac Mini that runs both OS X Yosemite and Windows 8.1. and standard NAU software
- Overhead video projector
- DVD/VHS player
- Campus cable TV with closed captioning available
The Production Studios are the perfect place for individuals or small groups to work on any type of multimedia project from concept to publication. The Production Studios offer many industry standard applications, including the Adobe Master Collection CS6 suite, Final Cut Pro X, and Pro Tools Express. NAU faculty, staff, and students can schedule a production studio at the Main Desk.NAU and CCC students, faculty, and staff can:
- Design, capture, and create multimedia projects. Note: Requires additional checkout equipment available at the Main Desk.
- Work with multimedia content using industry standard software
- Publish multimedia content to popular hosting services. Note: account may be required.
- 27″ iMac
- Rode Podcaster microphone
- Large flatscreen (Production Studios 1 & 2)
- Adobe Master Collection CS6 (Acrobat X Pro, After Effects, Audition, Bridge, Dreamweaver, Encore, Fireworks, Flash, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premier Pro, and more)
- Final Cut Pro X
- Apple Compressor
- iLife (iMovie, iPhoto, GarageBand)
- iWork (Keynote, Pages, Numbers)
- Microsoft Office 2011 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Lync)
- VLC media player
- Pro Tools Express
- Avid Mbox 3
- 5.1 Surround Sound
- Sound dampening
In the Listening Studio, individual students or groups of up to 4 people can listen to, edit, or digitize many analog and digital audio formats. The Audio/Listening Studio can be scheduled through the Main Desk.NAU and CCC students, faculty, and staff can:
- Listen to most audio formats, including cassette, vinyl, and CD.
- Capture, edit and/or manipulate audio clips into digital files using specialized software like GarageBand and Audacity.
- Digitize materials from vinyl, cassette, or CD in compliance with U.S. Copyright laws.
- 23” iMac
- Large flatscreen monitor
- Technics vinyl deck
- Marantz cassette/CD combo deck
- Harman Kardon amplifier/receiver
- JBL Studio Monitor loudspeakers
The Viewing Studios are a great place to kick back, relax, and watch movies for class. The Viewing Studios allow you to view all major video formats in one convenient place. Individuals or groups of 2-3 people can schedule a Viewing Studio through the Main Desk.NAU and CCC students, faculty, and staff can:
- Watch DVD, Blu-Ray, campus cable TV, or streaming content on a large flatscreen. Note: headphones are required.
- 47” wall mounted HDTV
- Blu-Ray player
- DVD/VCR combo unit
- HDMI input to connect additional devices. Note: may require additional equipment; students may check out this equipment at the Main Desk.
- Multiple headphone outputs per viewing station. Note: students may check out headphones at the Main Desk.
The Assistive Technology Studio offers technology that helps make computing accessible to everyone. The Assistive Technology Studio can be reserved through the Main Desk.NAU and CCC students, faculty, and staff can:
- Print Microsoft Office documents to Braille
- Scan documents for use with screen readers
- Make and receive TTY calls
- Use a variety of tools to make content accessible
- Emprint SpotDot Color Braille Printer
- Epson 3170 document scanner
- High visibility keyboard
- TTY phone system
- JAWS 13
- Kurzweil 3000