The Cline Library's Learning Studio (Room 249) is a highly configurable, advanced technology classroom space in an environment that’s seamless and intuitive to use.
The Learning Studio is available for a limited number of NAU classes with anticipated enrollment of 50–70 students. See the Learning Studio Policies and Procedures for information on scheduling and use. Learning Studio classes are held weekdays during Fall and Spring semesters. See the current schedule.
- More than 2,300 square feet of space
- Seating and laptops for up to 70 students
- One 85″ 4K ultra-high definition instructor display and 10 student workstations with 55″ displays
- Fixed and mobile tables for flexible group work
- Writable glass surfaces
- Wireless infrastructure supports "bring your own device"
- Video conferencing
- Wireless room controller enables instructor mobility
- Dedicated staff provide on-site technology support
Instructors can push content from a lectern computer or their own device to any or all of the displays in the room seamlessly through the room interface. They can easily share student work from one student group's display to the displays of other groups around the room. They can also connect students, guest speakers, and co-lecturers with two-way audio and video communication.
- 85″ Planar UltraRes Ultra HD 4K Display with digital annotation capture system
- 10 student workstation-based 55″ Planar Edge-Lit LED LCD displays
- 2 Digital Projection E-Vision 4500 LED projectors with 135″ ceiling-recessed projection screens
- Crestron Digital Video Distribution/Control
- Wireless touch-pad room controller for instructor
- QSC Qsys Audio System with volume normalization
- 6″ ceiling speakers distributed evenly across the room for house audio
- 7 headphone jacks at each student workstation
- Ceiling-mounted WolfVision EYE-12 document camera
- Multi-format cable connections (HDMI, VGA, Apple Thunderbolt, etc.)
- UHD DVD/Blu-Ray player
- Listen Technologies LS-16 Assistive Listening System
- Wireless subnet for enhanced wireless connectivity
- Power and Ethernet at each student workstation
- Wyse thin client with Windows 7 at each student workstation
- 70 Dell Latitude 3440 laptops
- I>Clicker receiver to support the use of i>Clicker audience response system devices