Assembly Hall Information
When you want to hold a national, regional, community, or university event, schedule the Cline Library Assembly Hall. The Hall is one of Northern Arizona University's most versatile venues and an ideal space for group functions, including:
- Conferences and Meetings
- Orientations and Trainings
- Film screenings and film festivals (Public Performance Rights Information)
- Small-scale performances
- Located in the Cline Library on the NAU campus across from the University Union and Field House
- The Assembly Hall public space is approximately 3,200 square feet
- Fixed seating for 404, as well as (2) wheelchair accessible spaces, with a maximum capacity of 418 people
- Adjacent to the Scholars' Corner Café, guests can purchase coffee or snacks during most event times
- Parking permits are required during the weekdays until 10 p.m.
- Parking lot P13, located behind Cline Library, requires a permit until 10:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday and on Fridays until 4:30 p.m. Parking is free after 4:30 on Friday through the weekend.
- Parking lot P16, located across the street from the library main entrance, has a small number of short-term metered parking spots. A credit card is required to purchase a short-term pass.
- View additional guest parking options at NAU, including using a parking garage and purchasing an all-day guest pass at nau.edu/parking
- Dedicated staff provides onsite event and technology support during your event
- Projection/control room
- Theater-style seating with a front sloped section and a rear tiered section
- Sound system featuring optional Dolby Digital surround sound
- 6' x 16' skirted, raised stage with stair access; when wheelchair access is needed, please let us know in advance
- Wireless connectivity for audience members
- ListenTech Assisted Listening System; portable listening receivers, stereo headphones, and neck loops compatible with T-coil hearing devices
- Height adjustable lectern with microphone, touch-screen Dell laptop, and touch-screen control panel; contact us to coordinate connecting your own device to our projector
- ElmoP100N pad cam (document camera)
- Six wired microphones and microphone stands
- Two handheld wireless microphones
- Two lavaliere microphones
- Digital Projection HIGHlite Laser 11k projector with 1920 x 1200 resolution; 24p and 1080p display
- Oppo Blu-Ray player
- Media players for CD, cassette, VHS, and DVD media formats
- Presentation of High-definition media formats supplied as QuickTime, Windows Media (.wmv or .avi), or other compatible file types optimized for playback on a Windows Operating system
- Audio output press feed available by Media Distribution System; contact us in advance to ensure compatibility
NAU Student Group
NAU recognized student clubs, groups, and organizations. Student organized events must be requested through the Office of Student Life prior to event date.
NAU Internal Rate
Conference, event or meeting organized and planned by a NAU department. A Certificate of Liability insurance may be required. Payment must be done through interdepartmental billing.
$350, plus Labor Fee
Non-NAU External Rate
Non-NAU organization. Event is open to outside guests. Educational and non-profit groups that provide 501C3 status documentation may be eligible for a discount.
$700, plus Labor Fee
Schedule our Venue
Submit your request at least two weeks in advance of your event date. See the Events Calendar to check availability of your preferred event date. We will reply within (2) business days to your request (excluding holidays and other closures).
- All non-NAU organizations—schedule the hall by completing and submitting the Event Request Form.
- All NAU departments—schedule the Hall for an event through the campus reservation system, EMS
- NAU student groups need to meet first with the Office of Student Life. Once approved, the Office of Student Life will submit a request on your behalf.
The hall is available for semester long classes Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm with a minimum enrollment of 200 students. The Assembly Hall is included as part of centralized scheduling across campus and the Registrar’s Office will determine Schedule Build Timelines. To schedule the Assembly Hall for a semester long class, contact your Department Scheduler, who may contact the Registrar’s Office to confirm if the Assembly Hall is within the building preferences for your course.
To view other NAU facilities and venues, please visit the Campus Reservations site.