WorldCat.org lets you search the collections of many libraries all at once for books, videos, CDs, downloadable files, and other types of content. Click on an item in the search results to see area libraries that own it. See also the NAU licensed version of WorldCat (FirstSearch) with more advanced search options.
- ebrary allows users to search a large collection of e-books, quickly pull up information from dictionaries or encyclopedias related to e-book text, and save references and annotations to a personal "bookshelf." First time users will be prompted to install a special reader. (NAU access only).
- eBooks Collection (formerly NetLibrary) from EBSCOhost is a gateway to e-books with access to scholarly titles, trade books, and reference books.
- ABC-Clio provides access to many titles in the humanities, social sciences and technology (NAU access only).
- The Gale Virtual Reference Library provides online access to dozens of helpful reference publications in subject areas like the arts, business, education, the environment, medicine, and the physical and social sciences. You can search the entire collection all at once or search or browse individual titles.
- The Emerald Social Sciences eBook Series Collection comprises over 210 volumes from 35+ book series titles. Providing contemporary and high quality research, this collection covers fields such as politics, psychology, sociology, health care and education.
- Myilibrary is an electronic platform that offers library users access to some of the most topical and current e-books available today. Users can access a wide range of research, reference and reading materials online from any location. Users can search across many e-books or conduct searches within a particular e-book. Coverage includes such topical areas as education, language and literature, philosophy and religion, the social sciences, and technology. No special e-reader software is required. Users can set up personal accounts to save searches, notes, and bookmarks.
Other e-book and e-text Sites:
- Alex - A Catalogue of Electronic Texts on the Internet
- The Electronic Text Center (Univ. of Virginia)
- Google Books
- The On-line Books Page (Univ. of Pennsylvania)
- The Oxford Text Archive
- Penn State University's Electronic Classics Series
- Project Gutenberg
E-books for Mobile Devices: