Laptops in the Library
Two wireless WiFi options are available in the library building:
- NAU-Guest is available to all library guests and provides basic access to internet resources. Once connected, open a browser. You will see a page titled "NAU-Guest Wireless at Northern Arizona University" outlining guest access policy. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the button labeled "Accept & Connect to NAU-Guest". All library licensed resources are available to guests using this network. This is an unencrypted network, so if you are an NAU student, faculty or staff member and need a secure, encrypted connection, use the NAU option or connect to the NAU VPN once you are connected to NAU-Guest.
- NAU is available to faculty, staff or students with an NAU ID and password. This network uses the WPA2 Enterprise security protocol to automatically encrypt all data travelling on the WiFi network. There is no agreement page presented to users of NAU, though you may be asked to accept a security certificate the first time you log on. Once devices connect and are logged in, they have full access to NAU network resources, including library licensed resources, and will reconnect automatically each time the NAU network is in range. See the NAU ITS website for detailed instructions on connecting a variety of computers and devices to NAU.
Questions? Ask a Librarian
For more information, see Information Technology Services' Wireless Internet Access page.
Laptop Check-out for NAU Students
To check-out a laptop for use in the library, go to the desk. You will need your NAU student ID card.
The Library's laptop check-out service is funded by the NAU "Driving Student Success" IT fee.
Coconino Community College (CCC) Laptops
If you are a CCC student, faculty member, or staff member, you can also check out a laptop at the desk. Please bring a photo ID.
- Loan period is 4 hours or until closing time if checked out less than 4 hours.
- Renewal period is 2 hours pending availability.
- Overdue, damaged, or lost laptops:
- $25 per hour overdue fee
- $200 maximum overdue fee
- 10 hours overdue and the laptop is assumed lost.
- $2500 maximum replacement cost
- At the first warning of low power, save your work to a USB drive or a remote storage location, turn off the laptop and return it to the deskfor battery replacement.
- Files saved to the laptop will be lost when it is powered off.
- Battery life may be up to 4 hours.
Questions? Send a message to the Desk or call 523-2173.
The library's wireless and laptop check-out services are funded by the NAU "Driving Student Success" IT fee.