The Studios @ Cline Library (130-146)
Schedule a Studio | Contact The Studios | The Open Studio | Software on iMacs
The Practice/Presentation Studio | Production Studios 1, 2 & 3 | Audio/Listening Studio
Viewing Studios | Assistive Technology Studio
The Studios at Cline Library offer NAU and CCC students, faculty and staff access to iMac computers, media viewing spaces and advanced multimedia production equipment and spaces. The Studios are available all the hours the library is open.
All studios check out for a two-hour period. Renewals may be available; ask at the Main Desk.
This comfortable and advanced technology space is the place to use 27″ iMacs, your own computing equipment or a laptop borrowed from the Main Desk. The open area includes a print and scan station, and also has two mobile whiteboards you can use in any of the workspaces.
Studios Service Desk Hours
|Monday-Thursday||9:00 am-10:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am-5:00 pm|
|Saturday||Noon- 5:00 pm|
- iMac software and operating systems
- iLife and iWork application suites
- Microsoft Office 2011
- Limited access to Adobe Web Design Premium Suite
NAU groups and classes from 4 up to 30 individuals can schedule this studio through the Main Desk. Students and faculty can:
- Practice, record and play back presentations (limited access through check-out equipment. Students only)
- Use the space for theatrical practice and presentations.
- View campus cable TV, DVD, and streaming content as a group.
- Listening to digital audio as a group.
- Participate in teleconferences and seminars.
The room offers an instructor station with a PC connected to an overhead projector, surround sound system, and a DVD player. The instructor station computer has the Microsoft Office Suite, internet browsers, and software available on other PC computers in the library.
Individuals and small groups can check out or schedule a production studio through the Main Desk.
- Edit documents and images.
- Record, capture and edit audio and video files.
- Create digital files and products using specialized software such as the Adobe Master Collection (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, InDesign, etc.), Audacity, Final Cut Pro X, iLife and iWork suites, Camtasia, Handbrake and more.
Production Studios 1, 2 and 3 each provide a 27″ iMac and a microphone. Production Studios 1 and 2 also provide a large LCD flat panel display. Production Studio 1 offers surround sound.
Individuals or groups of up to 4 people can schedule the Audio/Listening Studio through the Main Desk.
- Listen to audio formats including cassettes, phonograph records, CDs and digital audio.
- Capture, edit and/or integrate audio clips into digital files using specialized software such as Garageband, Audacity, or standard iMac software.
- Use speakers in the studio or check out headphones at the Main Desk.
- Use large LCD flat panel display to view streamed content.
Individuals or groups of 2-3 people can schedule the Viewing Studio through the Main Desk.
- Watch DVD, Blu-ray or campus cable TV on two large screen LCD panels with headphones.
Individuals can schedule the Assistive Technology Studio through the Main Desk.
- Use assistive technology software on a Windows PC with peripherals such as a Tiger Premier Braille Printer; Kurzweil scan and read solution; and a TTY.