Assembly Hall Student Assistant
Department: Cline Library Assembly Hall
Job Category: Work Study or Student Wage
Job Title: Assembly Hall Student Assistant
No of Openings: 1
Work Schedule: Employment for Spring 2014 and Fall 2014.
Must start in December 2013 to work Spring 2014.
Spring 2014 Required availability:
Tuesdays: 12:25 p.m.- 2:30 p.m. (1 shifts)
Thursdays: 12:25 p.m.- 5:30 p.m. (2 shifts)
**Must be willing to work evenings and weekend shifts as events are scheduled for 2014.
- Spring 2014: Guaranteed minimum of 5 hours per week, possibility to work more hours as events are scheduled.
- *Summer 2014: Possibility for work dependent on events scheduled.
- Fall 2014: Average of 10 hours per week possible.
Wage/Salary: $9.80 per hour
Supervisor: Shawna Whitehat Please contact by e-mail only
We are looking for NAU students who like to work with technology and people in a large campus venue.
The Cline Library Assembly Hall student assistant will be responsible for staffing and supporting events and classes in all aspects; event and technology setup, as well as technology troubleshooting. Student Assistant will provide technical support and outstanding customer service to all classes; students/Instructors and events; attendees/organizers as well as ensure a clean and safe environment.
Looking for a candidate who can work at least 2 semesters and longer.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, mature, focused, and dependable.
- Prefer candidates experienced in stage or event organizing.
- Should have experience and knowledge troubleshooting and working with media equipment and/or multimedia software; Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Must be comfortable working with popular software such as Microsoft Office programs and have a basic understanding of file formats as they relate to popular programs and media formats.
- Must be able to work unsupervised and should be comfortable working outside of library hours during scheduled events.
- Must have effective communication skills, a professional and friendly demeanor, is customer service oriented, detail oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Must be able to work effectively with people from a variety of technical and culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Must be able to lift tables, chairs and other equipment weighing approximately 30 lbs.
- Willing to perform light cleaning and maintenance duties as needed.
Please share in the application how many years of media, troubleshooting, and/or stage/event organizing experience you have.
To apply for this position, fill out the online application form