Assembly Hall Facts
The Cline Library Assembly Hall is one of Northern Arizona University's most versatile venues. If you sponsor national, regional, or university events, the Cline Library Assembly Hall may meet your needs.
The Assembly Hall is suited for many large group presentations:
- Lectures or panel discussions
- Multimedia presentations
- Conference events
- Film screenings (see: Public Performance Rights for Films -.pdf)
- Theater style seating with a front sloped section and a rear tiered section
- Adjustable lighting
- A comfortable, intimate atmosphere
- A sound system featuring optional Dolby-digital surround sound
- A professional projection/control room
- An 8' x 16' raised stage
- Eight microphones and microphone stands
- Two hand-held cordless microphones
- Two lavaliere microphones
- A Dell laptop
- An ElmoP100N pad cam (document camera)
- An Eiki LC-X7 projector with 1024 x 768 native resolution; supports signals up to 720p or 1080i High Definition
- The Assembly Hall can support standard definition VHS and DVD, as well as High Definition when supplied as Quicktime, Windows Media (.wmv or .avi), or other compatible file types optimized for playback on a PC
If you prefer to use your own laptop for projection or Internet access, please make arrangements with the Events Coordinator to prepare your laptop prior to the scheduled event.
- Maximum occupancy is 422
- Fixed seating is available for 407
- The hall is available for events with an anticipated attendance of at least 100 people.
- The hall is available to NAU classes with an anticipated attendance of at least 200 students. The times available for class use are no earlier than 8 am and no later than 5 pm Monday - Friday, for Fall and Spring semesters only.
- NAU Departments, Institutes, Student Clubs, Groups, or Organizations:
University registered organizations (recognized organizations and student groups).
$100 + Labor
- NAU Sponsored:
Professional student/staff/faculty sponsored organizations, advisory boards, conferences or meetings.
$300 + Labor
Non-NAU sponsored summer conferences booked through the duBois Center. Tax-exempt, government or professional organizations, religious organizations for religious services.
$450 + Labor
- For-Profit (Commercial):
Off-campus, for profit organizations.
$650 + Labor
- Class Sponsored:
Special presentations for NAU classes not scheduled on a weekly basis and open to others not enrolled in class.
Labor is billed at $15 per hour for each staff person scheduled.
To ensure the suitability of the Assembly Hall for your event, a consultation with the Events Coordinator regarding your needs and program is required in reserving the facility. Contact the Events Coordinator as early as possible to secure your preferred time and date.