Library Instruction Services
Subject librarians for each department are available to help your students learn the information skills and knowledge that contribute to academic achievement, engaged citizenship, and lifelong learning.
We can collaborate with you to:
- Design learning activities and assignments that promote your course and program learning outcomes.
- Teach or co-teach information/research skills, either face-to-face or online.
- Develop research guides and other web-based instruction customized to your assignments and course learning outcomes. Here are examples of research guides.
- Assess student learning and make recommendations for new approaches to address gaps in particular skills or concepts.
We can also work with departments to design, implement, and assess information skills within degree programs.
Information Literacy Resources
Information literacy is commonly defined as the ability of students to find, think critically about, and apply information to their learning and problem-solving. For additional definitions and perspectives on information literacy, see:
- ACRL Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education
- ACRL Framework for Information Literacy in Higher Education