[Skip to Content]
Tools for Citation and Reference Management
Cline Librarians can help you save time managing your references and citations, including:
- Selecting a citation manager (RefWorks, EndNote, Zotero, etc.).
- Learning to use advanced program features such as:
- automatically downloading citations from databases and websites
- organizing citations into custom folders
- attaching PDFs of publications or other files and notes to citations
- automatically inserting and formatting citations into manuscripts and grant applications
Popular Citation/Reference Managers
For a comparison, consult this table to determine which tool might be best for you.
- EndNote Web, a free version of EndNote, is available via Web of Science. Contact your librarian for more information on setting up an account.
Currently, Cline Librarians can offer the most expertise and advice for RefWorks.
Contact your subject librarian to learn more and get help.